20080902

Helsinki Picks

Best Furniture Shop
artek
Eteläesplanadi 18

One thing is for sure. When I move, I will buy all my furniture at artek. No, not all. But at least a few pieces. The Alvar Aalto design is just made for me.


Best Vintage Design
Fasaani
Korkeavuorenkatu 5

Design classics that one normally adores in design exhibitions are available here to affordable prices. I fell in love with the used Aalto stools and a sofa. It was a little bit too big for my hand luggage though.


Best Second Hand
Play it again, Sam!
Rauhankatu 2

You need a silver glitter suit and high heels for your next drag performance? Or just some inspiration and a little bit fun? Well, then now you know where to go.


Best Deli
Sis
Korkeavuorenkatu 6

All ecological and political correct food and little snacks are offered in this sleek and charming place right across the Helsinki Second Hand shop. I can recommend the homemade pastries and the hot chocolate to warm your soul.


Best Bar
Nolla
Fredrikinkatu 56

The wooden interior appeals to the eye. And the DJ at Thursday night really catched me with a fine mix of trashy 80s and contemporary tunes. But be aware of drunk flight attendants that pertinaciously try to pick you up.

4 comments:

josef said...

An aalto stool, please!

mette/ungt blod said...

oh i sooo want to go to helsinki. im thinking i could do a stockholm/helsinki combo

kat said...

I agree: "play it again sam" is awsome! :)

paul said...

i hope you bought me a ceramic salt shaker which looks like a puppy out of the vintage design store