A 'False Encyclopaedia' double feature with Matthew Lindgren, discussing:
Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2013
I would tie yards of red velour around my body like a nightie and recite Maggie's lines from 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'. Of course, I didn't understand the weight of the words I was saying or the implications of the character I was portraying, but the aesthetics were all there.
'Girl, Interrupted' might be the best term to describe Marc Jacob's latest exploration of his Louis Vuitton signature. The negligée night crawl collection is perfectly tailored for a delusional 'real housewife' who'd love to promote her own person as a brand. From Betty Boop to Lindsay Lohan and Joan Rivers, selling 'herself' was never more emancipated, vulgar and self-ironic. Her look: silk pyjamas, lipstick and fur.
1. Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2013
2. Elizabeth Taylor Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, 1958
3. Edward Hopper Night Windows, 1928
4. Disney Pretty Pretty Princess Cinderella Edition
5. Betty Boop 1930
6. Joan Rivers What Becomes a Semi-Legend Most, 1997
7. Girl Interrupted 1999
8. Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2013
More about Matthew Lindgren Three Shades Of Black