1. Helmut Lang Spring/Summer 2003
2. Dirk Bikkembergs Fall/Winter 2003
3. Felix, the Cat 1919
4. Popeye, the Sailor 1919
5. Moschino Cheap & Chic, 1995
6. Givenchy Fall/Winter 2013
7. Comme des Garçons Spring/Summer 2005
The use of comic characters in fashion. Felix, the Cat appears at Helmut Lang and Dirk Bikkembergs. Olivia (from Popeye, the Sailor) becomes the alter ego for Moschino. Bambi is cut and pasted into Givenchy while Pink Panther functions as declared muse for Rei Kawakubo. What does it tell us? It tells stories without telling stories. It's a pastiche, a placeholder. a licence deal. An epic history in thousand chapters with the ultimate cliffhanger: hanger appeal.