1. Yves Klein Gelsenkirchen Opera, 1959
2. Andy Warhol The Velvet Years, 1965
3. K.P. Brehmer Berlin studio, 1974
4. Marina Abramović Rhythm 10, 1973
5. Joan Mitchell Paris studio, 1957
6. Yayoi Kusama Infinity Nets, 1961
7. Yayoi Kusama Infinity Nets, 1961
While portraits of male artists often show the subject dirty and proud, either right before completion or while revealing the final result, female artists seem to be captured in the sensual act of creation itself - in an almost meditative manner, pausing, thinking.