An off-key play with school of Margiela proportions that feels innocent and pristine, yet awkwardly sexy. A lurking feeling of something violent about to happen. Yet a warm and fuzzy feeling, like being naked under a pink fur coat.
Conservatism and boredom, broken with elements of 'off'. As if Martin Margiela was still 'alive' or as if his twin brother built a parallel world. The team at Maison Martin Margiela does a great job to maintain and continue the legacy of its founder. Vetements, the anonymous collective formed around a former Margiela protégé, re-builts this legacy. Something is happening.
1. Vetements Spring/Summer 2015
2. Unknown (Maison Martin Margiela scarification)
3. Jamie Hawkesworth South Shields, 2012
4. Luke Gilford Maison Martin Margiela, 2011
5. Yrjö Edelmann Untitled, 1985
6. Thomas Ruff Portraits, 1984-1985
7. William Selden Masters Of Invention (Dazed & Confused), 2011
8. Vetements Spring/Summer 2015