Devine meets Leigh Bowery. Drag, clubwear, circus, disco, stripes, fur, electrocuted wigs on clowns. The 90s meeting precise draping and sharp cuts. I wanna be a fetish clown (venus in furs) drowning in pennies from the past, too.
Disco freaks, the miss- and mis-guided experiment of crossing John Waters with Donna Summer and having all derivates perform in a suburban cabinet of curiosities. It is 'Aliens' in sequin gowns and Stephen King's 'It' in a beauty pageant. Beauty prevails.
1. Gareth Pugh Spring/Summer 2016
2. Leigh Bowery 1961-1994
3. Terence Koh Untitled (White Late), 2006
4. Anish Kappor Untitled, 1995
5. Tod Browning Freaks, 1931
6. Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin Björk, 2011
7. Stephen King It, 1990
8. Gareth Pugh Spring/Summer 2016